I believe in conservation, I believe in public service, I believe in improving the world around us now to serve our communities and make a better life for our children.
This year the Forest Preserve commissioners (7) will make $375,000 in salary for elected officials acting in a part-time role overseeing Director level staff and ensuring best business practices. The full health care coverage adds an additional $118,000, plus the employer IMRF contribution costs of $45,000 for a grand total of $538,000.
- Every school board commissioner makes $0 with a benefit package of $0
- Every park District commissioner makes $0 with a benefit package of $0
- Most other county Forest Preserve commissioners make a stipend with no benefits
- Most village boards pay a stipend with no benefits
- Most police and fire commissioners are paid a stipend with no benefits
- Abolish any pensions for current and future commissioners
- Remove any and all health care benefits from the current and future commissioners
- Reduce the salaries of current and future salaries of commissioners by 70-75% from their current amount